Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Tommy Roe - Everytime A Bluebird Cries

I remember when I was around 9 or 10 my grandfather bought a bunch of albums and gave me the rock n roll albums. One of the albums was Tommy Roe's greatest hits on ABC. I used to listen to it all the time. Slowly over the years I have picked up most of his 45s on ABC and I am only missing a few . I bought this one in the last few months and it is one of his few picture sleeves and one of his harder to find picture sleeve. Not one of his most noteworthy 45s but it has grown on me

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Recorded in England." Almost sounds Joe Meek-ish.

Poppacool said...

I can definately hear the English influence on a few of his 45s from this era.

Alan (V.) Karr said...

Another fine entry in the pantheon of Buddy Holly soundalikes, Roe's SHEILA chart topper being one of the best.

Recorded at Pye, written by Pye engineer and future producer Vic Maile and produced by Alan A. Freeman during a period which ABC was an active licensor/licensee of Pye.

Poppacool said...

Thanks for all your comments that you have posted. I'm a bit under the weather so I don't feel up to going into each entry.

Anonymous said...

Love this English sounding Tommy Roe. Does sound like Joe Meek was at the controls. Amazing the amount of Tommy Roe 45 singles I own. Loved just about anything he cut back then. Cued them up a lot at home and at work.