Saturday, May 30, 2015

The Dorchesters - Just Look At Me

I had a real good day. Had to work at the clinic this morning but afterwards I went to an estate sale a friend told me about and picked up some wicked albums [A mint Ventures Walk Don't Run LP, a Mongo Santamaria boogaloo lp, a few Sandy Nelson LP's and a couple of weird things]. Came home and played them on a new Technica turntable I ordered this week and came on Thursday. I set it up in the living room and over the rest of the early evening I listed to the above lp's listed above, as well as a Ben Webster LP, a John Coltrane/Duke Ellington LP, a Warren Zevon LP, and a Social Distortion LP. Variety is the slice of life.

On a sad note, my record collecting friend Ray died on Thursday after a long illness. I met Ray at a yard sale years ago and over the years he filled my collection [and this blog] with many 45's.. Ray, you will be missed my friend.

1 comment:

Timmy said...

A decent Buddy Holly stab.