Saturday, April 16, 2016

Buckinghams - I've Been Wrong

Record Store Day 2016 was better than I thought it would be. I went into today with a limited agenda of items. I always go every year and sit and wait for hours to get into the 1st store and I end up going to several stores to get what I want and I always over spend buying item I really don't want. This year I decided to sleep in and get there when I got there. I left home at 6am and decided to go to a different store than I usually do as I had read people were lining up at 5pm yesterday. It take me 90 minutes to get there and I decided to drive by one other store first instead of the store I was going to start at. Damn if there was not a super super short line at the first store so I stayed there. Let's put it this way, I got everything I wanted and was out the door by 8:30 am. So what did I get....The Son Volt LP, The Miracle Legion LP, The Feelies EP, The Remains LP, Jay Farrar LP, The Metz/Mission of Burma 45, Low 10", Warren Zevon 45, Uncle Tupelo 45 and the Melvins/MC5 split.
 Picked up this fuzz delight of bliss a few months ago.


























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

An awesome Buckinghams performance, nice punchy mono mix. Leaps out of your speakers, reminds me of my youth listening to the odd Buckinghams oldie on WLS in Chicago on late winter nights listening to the transistor radio. Don't miss "I Call Your Name" or "Kind Of a Drag" on USA in mono, both are a good time.