Saturday, November 10, 2018

The Fireballs- Say I Am

I was thinking this week how I used to ask for listener requests. It has been years since I have done that so I thought I would put that out there. Any requests please feel free to send them to me. Might get me active with posting

Tonight I have a 45(s) I searched far and wide for. Managed to get it directly from a person who access to a warehouse in New Mexico that was related to Norman Petty and they were unplayed stone mint. So The Fireballs released this as What I am...went nowhere. Tommy James & The Shondells covered it as Say I Am and had a smash it with it. FIreballs re-released it as Say I Am--Nothing. Killer versions




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

An awesome classic from one of my favorite groups. Early Dot instrumental, when they added Jimmy Gilmer on vocals, and "Sugar Shack" was released, they became big hitmakers.