Thursday, February 22, 2024

Robyn Hitchcock & The Egyptians- Balloon Man

 I was in contact with someone a few weeks back and we discussed a record store (The Finest Records) that was in Ft. Collins and Greeley Colorado and is now closed. That got me to thinking about all the great records I bought there including the Promo 12" green vinyl copy of Balloon man . I believe I bought the US 45 with picture sleeve at Wax Trax in Denver and know I picked up the promo 45 in a mail order auction last year. I first heard Robyn when I worked nights at a group home in college and would have the local college radio station on to help me stay awake. I have a pretty big collection of his items and he is a GEM of an artist that has pretty much gone under the radar. I was fortuntae to see him live at a small club in Denver back in 1990 or so. Someday I hope to see him again










No comments: