Monday, October 21, 2024

Bill Oddie – Nothing Better To Do / Traffic Island

This one took me awhile to figure out. I am categorizing this as a test pressing or it could be a very early promo..it is obviously not a stock copy with removed labels.  The labels have a faint backwards type that identified The Defenders Island of Love on Parkway..which it clearly is not. I tried shazam and nothing. So how did I figure it out...I have another 45 I picked up with this one that had the same labels but a different Parkway release that it was not.  I did shazam for that one and it turned out to be Cherry from the Velvet Satins which I confirmed. Since both runouts had G/A I looked at the discography and there was good ole Bill. Discogs shows that Traffic Island was the A side. I pulled out the ole sleeve tub as I knew I had a General American sleeve. How cool is that!



No comments: