Preparing for this morning’s post, I was surprised to see yesterday’s post rack up 270 views. Let’s just say that’s an enormous jump from my usual numbers, and I’m a little perplexed. Normally, a doo-wop-ish 45 doesn’t exactly set the internet on fire.
So now I’m curious. Was it a happy accident? Did I stumble into something people want more of? Or were some of you wondering if you’d accidentally clicked on the wrong record collector? Reach out and let me know. If you enjoyed it, I can certainly dig deeper into that lane. If it wasn’t what you were expecting, I’d like to hear that too.
Today’s post has me thinking about something else entirely: taking a day off. A genuine day off. I’m planning to take at least one Friday off sometime in the next month. Maybe even two if I’m feeling particularly rebellious.
I’d love to hit the road and meet up with a record-collecting buddy in Florence, South Carolina. We’ve been talking about getting together for a while, but there’s one problem: I don’t really have anything significant to trade him at the moment. He’s looking for some Deon Jackson records, and I know I have a few duplicates somewhere. The challenge is that those duplicates are currently scattered across what can only be described as the known universe of record boxes.
Maybe this weekend I’ll gather all my Deon Jackson records into one place, see what duplicates turn up, and, naturally, record a few of them for a future Friday Soul Day. After all, every great record-collecting expedition starts with a simple plan and ends three hours later with boxes everywhere and absolutely no idea how you got there.


No comments:
Post a Comment