Tuesday, July 30, 2024

The Chills - The Dragon with the Sapphire Eyes

Todays planned post comes with very sad and devestating news. I found out that Martin Phillipps from the Chills died on Sunday. I have written in previous posts my love for Martin's music. He was not that much older than I am although he had a ton of medical issues related to his past history of drug use. He was able to overcome that dependence and live in sobriety. I also read he and the Chills revisted and were working on early unreleased songs for an upcoming album. I don't know if they finished it but I am hopefull it will be shared with the world.  I have written about the documentary that I had backed and I highly encourage you to watch it. I had received this 45 in the mail last week and was thrilled to finally get a copy. I am pretty sure Submarine Bells will be on my playlist all week long. RIP Martin Phillipps




No comments: