So apparently my “day off” heard the words day off and responded,
“Cute. Anyway…”
First up: the washer. A technician finally peeked inside and declared,
with the confidence of a man diagnosing a spaceship, that the motherboard
has gone rogue. One bad component. One. Singular. And now I get to play the
thrilling game of Guess How Long This Will Take To Fix, a game with no
rules, no timeline, and no prizes.
Then came the roof contractor, who arrived to give me an estimate while I
stood there like a man auditioning for the role of Responsible Adult #3
in a low‑budget sitcom. Add in my domestic hubby duties and suddenly I’m
basically a one‑man HGTV episode.
Princess did not visit the vet yesterday as he was offs. She’ll be
dropped off this morning, hopefully without reenacting the Tazzie tear fest- we can't take any more loss. Her
symptoms don’t seem quite as dramatic, but if meds are needed, Chewy has become
my new discount pet pharmacy overlord. Still expensive, but at least it
doesn’t require selling a kidney.
The request for Louie Louie by Julie London sent my mind spiraling
straight into the memory vault. The first time I heard Julie doing Louie
Louie — mind blown. Not metaphorically. I mean actual brain confetti.
And where did this life‑altering moment occur? An elevator. An elevator.
I bought it the same day I picked up Yummy Yummy Yummy, which
means my brain was double‑detonated in one afternoon. I’ve even got a
German import of the Yummy Yummy LP sitting around like a neglected
treasure chest. I really need to pull that out again and give it a spin.
I still wonder what Julie thought when someone handed her that track
list. Probably something like: “Wait… you want me to sing what
now?”
updated Louie Louie
https://poppacool.blogspot.com/2010/10/julie-london-louie-louie.html



No comments:
Post a Comment