Thursday, April 18, 2024

Jimmy Buffett- Pacing The Cage

 This blog is truly a labor of love. Sometimes I am sparse with commentary and other times I get a bit wordy. There was a time where I just ignored the blog due to obligations, time restraints, ect. I have always loved early mornings and it just made sense to start posting them in the mornings. And we should do things that we enjoy as life is so short. I learned yesterday a colleague I worked with for over 20 years died last week. I had not talked to her in years and I am filled with sadness and melancholy. Her funeral is tomorrow and my inital thought was not to go...too much pain and just want to go with denial. But It is in times like this that we need to stand up and face the painful feelings and not bury it so I  will go, to honor the memories and give the respect to her. Jimmy Buffett's version of the Bruce Cockburn classic seems to fit the emotional need I have this morning. 



No comments: