Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Polaris - Hey Sandy / Waiting For October

Yesterday I wrote how I liked the sloppy sound...well today I share the shimmering poppy indie sound I also so love..I was a huge a Miracle Legion fan and I was devestated when they broke up after the record label Morgan Creek legal drama of Drenched. I had been a fan of their's for a few years and just knew they would hit superstardom. It was not like that Morgan Creek did not try...there were a bunch of promos cd's and 12" singles and I remember seeing them on Letterman. But it was not to be...The producers of the Nickolodean show Pete & Pete loved Miracle Legion and approached the band to do some stuff for them. Guitarist Ray Neal became disalussioned by the issues with the major label and declined involvment. In the ashes, Polaris was born to record some songs for Pete & Pete. I was completely unaware of Polaris unitl one Saturday morning my son turned on Pete & Pete (that 1st season) and I heard the opening song Hey Sandy. I'm like...that is Mark Mulcahy!  I tracked down the CD when it was released and when the LP was put out on Record Store Day years ago I was so afraid I would not get one....assuming I guess that the world loved Miracle Legion and Mark Mulcahy's voice. This is the first pressing from back in 2015. Miracle Legion has since reformed occassionally to put out live LP's and had one final regular release...hmmm, guess I have more featuring to do in the future.



 





No comments: