Tuesday, August 01, 2023

Joey Wilson - If You Don't Want My Love

 Powerpop Tuesday.  Several years ago I went to this auction and ended up buying an insane lot of Albums (at least 3000) with alot of them being promotional lp's. There were tons of artists/groups I had never heard of before including Joey Wilson only LP. I doubt I would have ever even paid attention to this if it was not in that lot. But I am so glad I did as it is absolutely riveting powerpop with catchy licks! Found this one about a month ago and I was very happy I did. I think I read that Modern Records was a record label that Stevie started and that the Joey Wilson LP was its first release. It is too bad there was not more promotion on this one. Sad note, there is very little information out there about Joey other than he died of a Heroin Overdose. But he left us an overlooked gem.



No comments: