Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Robyn Hitchcock- Heaven

 Cooper and I went for our nice little walk this morning. It has been so humid at 5am lately but I was thankful for some hint of a breeze this morning. After my shower, I was looking at some facebook popups and I read a short entry from Robyn Hitchcock announcing his daughter had died on August 9th of Cancer. I had recorded this song this weekend for a blog entry so today seems right for posting. My prayers and thoughts go out to Robyn and his family as they deal with their grief.

Just a little note about Robyn. I became a fan when I was an undergraduate at Colorado State University in the late 80's. The local college radio station would generously play his music, especially late at night. That fit in well with my schedule as I worked the overnight awake shift at a group home. I remember going to the used record store and finding quite a few of his lp's and 12" singles quite cheap. With my limited funds (food money) I snagged them up and I am happy to say they are still snug in my collection. I think I won this 45 in an online record auction (not ebay) and I doubt there are many relativity label promo 45's out there.  


No comments: