Saturday, December 16, 2023

Giant Sand - Christmas Everyday

On the fourth day of Christmas, my record collection brought to me, an obscure independent promo Christmas song. Back in the day, I collected anything and everything Homestead records. During the lean days, I sold the Sonic Youth, Dinosaur Jr, Nick Cave, Green River,  Sebadoh, Volcano Suns, Daniel Johnson, Salem 66, Tall Dwarfs and some of my Giant Sand releases among others (yes, everyone I am getting a bit emotional just thinking of those days when I had to do the liquidation. But we can wipe the tears from my eyes as I still have my Windbreakers, Beat Happening, some Giant Sand, The Chills, The Cakekitchen, Big Dipper, The Verlaines, Pauk K and the Weathermen left). Giant Sand was another indie darling and are an acquired taste..you either love them or hate them (or have no clue who they are). Very prolific band. This is a very hard to find promo only Homestead 45. I posted their Valley of Rain 45 some years back


No comments: