Thursday, December 14, 2023

Holly Golightly - The Christmas Tree On Fire

On the second day of Christmas my record collection brought to me, a nice import Christmas picture disc. The song is a good illustration of why artificial trees are better. When I was a child in the Colorado Mountains my parents would load us up and we would take our snowmobile into the backwoods and cut our own Christmas tree. We moved when I was about 10 near Canon City and it was more Colorado plains then mountains.. We still cut our own tree but no snowmobiles. As an adult I think we only had one real tree after I was married but since then we have gone throught the artificial trees. I threw our old tree out 2 years ago and last Christmas we rented an airbnb cabin in the mountains so we had their little tree. I had to buy another one this year. No prelit tree for me...they never last. Back to this record,  I traded for this one this summer from someone I trade records to occassionally. He could careless about this and did not know who this was but I knew who she is. Holly was formally in Thee Headcoatees and is affliated with Billy Childish for those of you who may care.



2 comments:

JC said...

This is a cool one!! I’ve never had a real tree for any christmases , and as an adult now I happily chose fake over real but the pre lit ones always have issues. There’s a picture of me somewhere for a Christmas card when I was maybe 13 I wore a new wave-ish button down, and had a skinny tie with some pins on it such as Devo , The Headboys , and even a Polyrock pin which is about obscure as it gets but always loved Polyrock!

Poppacool said...

OMG that is so funny..You should find it and blow it up and it should be the backdrop to your show and not Elvis...lol