Sunday, November 19, 2023

Slim & The Supreme Angels

I met a gentleman a few years ago that was in a local gospel group in the 1970s . He was the sole surviving member and they had released a 45 on the Sound Hut label out of Kinston NC. He did not have a copy of his own 45 and when he contacted the label owner to try to obtain one, he found the owner had sold all the recordings and masters. I had duplicates so I met with him so he could get my duplicate.  I had picked up a bunch of LP's that morning and one of them was a Supreme Angels LP. When he saw it he said, "Slim!" We had such a wonderful conversation and he let me know that Slim was a pastor in Goldsboro NC until his death. The Supreme Angels put out a bunch of 45s and albums and in the LP I bought there was an obituary for him (not sure where it is right now but if I find it I will scan it and post it here). 

t


1 comment:

JC said...

Gospel has been a genre that I’ve not given many chances too, but I’ve been discovering a few things I’ve liked a lot lately, this one included!