Tuesday, November 07, 2023

Steve Earle - Guitar Town

I had to go to the doctor yesterday for a steroid shot in my elbow. I have had this nasty bursitis for the past week and half (of course in my dominant arm) and it has impacted my sleep, and it was starting to impact my grip. Hell, it was painful to use a stapler. Felt much better last night and went to bed early and slept pretty well even with being awake for an hour in the middle of the night. But my mind is in a good place after a nice walk with Cooper and enjoying my 2nd cup of coffee. 

Steve Earle is one of those artists that has some good songs that are just fantastic, but to be honest I don't have alot of his albums.  I guess I have never fully committed. I picked up the Guitar Town LP this past year and was pleasantly surprised how impressive it was. In August a friend referred me to this individual that had 6000 radio stations 45s. I had dreams of 60's rock and soul but instead looked through 6000 country 45's with a few rock. I was disappointed but I did pick up some Christmas 45s and I was happy to pick this up this up as well as a few other Steve Earle 45s'.

Years ago I asked listeners to suggest songs or artists they would like to hear and If I have them I would post them (45's only please). I have so many 45s and I am intersested to see what I receive. 




No comments: