Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Television - Ain't That Nothin

New wave Tuesday. Cooper and I went for an early morning walk thanks to my peepers opening up way too early. We did a medium walk as it was quite cold out there and now I am cookin with another nice steaming cup of coffee. To think I am rolling this morning and it is just past 6:30am. But enough about my exciting life...lol..Today we celebrate the great Tom Verlaine who we lost this past year. I always thought this was an odd release...did Elektra really expect it to do something. I think of the drivel I was listening to in 1978 and there is no way the radio stations I listened to would have probably even received a copy of this.  I am not sure why they never released any 45s in the states from their 1st LP but quite frankly it would have been just as futile as releasing this 45. I scored this promo not too long after Tom died. Once upon a time I had a white label promo of the Marque Moon LP but unfortantely sold it when we needed money. I have a reissue but quire frankly it's not as appealing as that pristine white label copy I had.


No comments: