Wednesday, November 08, 2023

The Records - Starry Eyes

Wednesday night power pop. I find it incredible I have never posted this. What a classic powerpop 45. It has it all, hooks, lyrics and just brings out this feeling of  musical superiority. This should have been a smash but the American public tends to have no taste, possibly due to little exposure to quality. There is a guy on facebook that will post the billboard charts from 40 years ago and I look at the drivel that was played on the radio (I remember it well and at the time enjoyed and purchased the drivel).  But I recognize I gravitated to towards music like this when I discovered in my late teens there was other music besides the top 40. There was this station in Colorado Springs that would play obscure stuff after 10pm. That was a rebirth musically for me. I continue to discover powerpop 45s that I had no clue about and of course my want list includes pricey ones. Regarding the Records, I love their records. I always buy this when I find it and I think I have 3 or 4 copies of this including a stock copy.





No comments: