Monday, April 05, 2010

Hondells You Meet The Nicest People On A Honda

Monday surf, sand and squealing pavement features The Hondells. They had a hit with Little Honda, a song written by Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys. They recorded "Sea Cruise" (which missed the Billboard charts but did "bubble" under at #131) and I am featuring the "B" side which I like called "You Meet The Nicest People On A Honda". I've included a little youtube clip for Little Honda- lip singing at its finest. Posting this early as my wife and I are going to a concert tonight...Ted Leo and the Pharmacists---Yippie!





































The Hondells - You Meet The Nicest People On A Honda




4 comments:

EXPO67 said...

Pretty good tune. I've never heard much by this group before.
Keep up the good work. I know it can get quite hard without much feedback or encouragement...

Poppacool said...

Thanks to my only follower! I'm having a great time doing this. I have plenty of common as well as obscure to offer.

Anonymous said...

I'd love to hear that B-side. The title is exactly the line used by Honda for their early '60s ad campaign! Any chance of uploading the audio somewhere?
Cheers.
Grea blog by the way.. Just discovered it through searching the Hondells.

Poppacool said...

I will put it on my to do list. I am in graduate school and school is just so busy right now. I am not uploading like I want