Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Moody Blues Merseybeat R&B

I started listening to the late 60's early 70's Moody Blues albums in college. I would find them at yard sales and thrift shops for a quarter. I really did not know much about the early sound until the last few years. I had heard "Go Now" on the radio but that was it. They started out in1964 as a Merseybeat group that had an R&B feel to their songs. They were a second generation British Invasion band...following in the footsteps of the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Searchers, The Hollies and The Dave Clark Five. I recently picked this early 45 up and was pleasantly surprised by what I heard. "Stop" barly dented the bottom of the charts at #98 in 1966. Soon after, several members left the band. Rather than disband, they develop a new identity, one which saw the release of the masterpiece "Days of Future Past" which featured "Nights in White Satin" and "Tuesday Afternoon". They are another "Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame" non selection casualty.





















Moody Blues- Stop

























Moody Blues- Bye Bye Bird







No comments: