Wednesday, March 17, 2010

THEM Van Morrison and Happy St. Patrick's Day

I had another entry planned for today and then realized it was St. Patrick's day. So on short notice, to celebrate Irish bands I have up loaded some later "THEM" 45s that did not feature Van Morrison (don't worry, I've included some youtube videos WITH Van Morrison). The "Walking In The Queen's Garden" I believe was the first song released after Van Morrison left "Them" in late 1966. This is the first pressing on "Ruff" and was later issued on "Tower" records. 2nd song is "Waltz Of The Flies" on Tower. "Them" was unable to recapture the glory days without Van Morrison. Although I do like these songs, there is no replacement for Van Morrison. One final note, I found very few Van Morrison videos. I uploaded a boring video of a record going round and round for "Linden Arden Stole The Highlights". I would rank that as one of the best songs of all time. Just close your eyes and listen.....you won't be disappointed.






















Them - Walking In The Queen's Garden



























Them- Waltz Of The Flies



Gloria

Baby Please Don't Go

Them - Baby please don't go
Uploaded by Salut-les-copains. - Watch more music videos, in HD!


Here Comes The Night


Mystic Eyes

Them - Mystic eyes
Uploaded by Salut-les-copains. - Watch more music videos, in HD!
Linden Arden Stole The Highlights

No comments: