Friday, August 06, 2010

Listener Request: Dave Brubeck Quartet - Take Five

My father did not have a large record collection when I was growing up, and most of it was country music. He did have a few Elvis lps, a Jan & Dean LP, a fake Beatles, and 1 jazz lp- Dave Brubeck Quartet Take Five LP. I always loved it when that album was played. I remember how excited I was when I found my own very copy at a thrift store as a teen. A few years ago I found this 45.  This is our listener request for Brian. I'm not sure if this is your cup of tea but it brings good memories to me. As a bonus, I found a couple of Youtube videos...love the drum solos. One final note, I cheated...this is the LP version, not the 45 version.





















Dave Brubeck Quartet - Take Five



Dave Brubeck Quartet (1961)
Uploaded by alternativa. - Music videos, artist interviews, concerts and more.


Dave Brubeck Quartet,"TakeFive",1961
Uploaded by jalramos. - Music videos, artist interviews, concerts and more.

1 comment:

Brian Marshall said...

Ah, yes, you can't go wrong with "Take Five!" I also dug the clips, too. Though I'm primarily more interested in rock 'n' soul instrumentals, I was always a fan of this Dave Brubeck classic.