Saturday, August 05, 2023

Sir Douglas Quintet - What About Tomorrow / A Nice Song

 I sit here on a beautiful Saturday morning with a wonderful cup a coffee, a nice Gil Evans & Tadd Dameron LP on the turntable. I'm not out on the hunt (yet). I do have an appointment at noon to look at some records and I'm hitting the record show tomorrow (with my wife's blessing already in hand- we've found a new church and we're trying to be consistent).

I had planned on posting more this past week but I was preoccupied with a big work project that I was under the gun to complete. I think the title of the A side of this 45 is appropriate. Always seems like there is not enough time in the day. I have always liked Doug Sahm and over the past year or so have just wanted to get everything he put out. I was lucky to pick up this sleeve for a bargin in the last month. I had never seen pictures of it before and only had seen it listed in price guides. So I was thrilled to score it.I posted it in some record groups I belong to and one big time record seller offered to trade for it. He offered me some good coin and another rare sleeve on my want list. But I ultimately turned him down..This is just too good.  







2 comments:

JC said...

That’s crazy I’ve never seen that, it almost looks like it should be a Netherlands or some import sleeve! Now as I go through stuff if I find that somehow I won’t throw that in as a freebie in your box lol

Poppacool said...

if you threw that in as a freebee I would split the coin with you...although I would keep the Turtles rarest picture sleeve he offered