Monday, July 08, 2024

Sandy Nelson - Pipeline / Let's Go Trippin

Last week I was on vacation but sadly I am now back at home as I work today, It was a much needed vacation. We spent nearly a week in Tennessee in a cabin enjoying the scenery and cooler weather. The weather was wonderful but the record picking not so much. I managed to get out daily to look but prices were cra cra...the renewed interest in vinyl has made everyone believing they have the holy grail. I did manage to find some killer 45's on Saturday morning in a massive basement full of records and the seller offered fair prices. The records in his basement had no organization once so ever and I only had a few hours when really it easily could have been a day dig. I guess it was good I did not stay the whole day as I only had room for a small box of 45s. 

Today's cover version is Sandy Nelson offering his versions of a couple of surf classics. I see lots of Sandy Nelson albums and 45's during my crate diggings and probably should take more chances on them. This is a recent find and while in rough shape it still sounds pretty good











No comments: