Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sunday Night Gospel Part 2

It was a very good day. My wife took me to the Record show in Raleigh and then we went to the movies. I was only able to spend an hour at the Record Show due to time constraints and only picked up 7 45's but they were choice. And since it is Sunday again, I have a couple more nice soulful spiritual songs for you. A few days ago I wrote about picking up some 45's outside Charlotte this past week. Well here is a 45 I picked up in Charlotte a year ago when I took my wife there. I believe it is on the Crescent City Sound Studios out of Greensboro NC from 1970. I picked it up because I have always loved Tommy James and Shondells and I think you will like this version of their song. And as a bonus, I have included a link to a nice interview with Tommy and he talks about his Christianity and about the song.


www.songfacts.com/blog/interviews/tommy_james




The New Dimensions - Peace






The New Dimensions - Crystal Blue Persuasion

No comments: