Saturday, May 19, 2012

Bobby Fuller Four - Never To Be Forgotten

I made the haul of a century today. I was out running errands and had to go to the nearest Petsmart for something. There was road construction and I ended up going the wrong direction. I turned around in this parking lot and behind this store was this little flea market. It was more of a shop that had Nascar collectibles. I walked in and asked he had any records. He said "yea, follow me. Here are some albums" (about 15) and we walked around a corner and he pointed under this table and there were 2 HUGE boxes of 45s. I asked how much they were and he said 10 cents a piece and he got them from a radio station that closed. I looked at a few and realized I would be buying a bunch so I said, "how much for all of them", and he said "30 dollars". I quickly gave him the money and we loaded them in the car. By my guestimation I would say there are over 3000- yes THREE THOUSAND 45's! I have spent the last 8 hours going through them. Probably over 1500 are promo country. The rest are promo and stock 60's garage, rock and soul 45s. I found items I have wanted for ages. Can't wait till I have a break from school so I can copy them. Stay tuned!

5 comments:

WESTEX said...

Congrats! And this is a killer tune!

The Swede said...

Congratulations! Sounds like the kind of haul we all dream about...but never actually find! You hit the jackpot - I look forward to hearing the results.

Carlos said...

AMAZING... so it still happens... finding a rare bunch of 45s for a few bucks. Please let us share some of your finds (A and B sides please)!! Congrazz, Carlos

Poppacool said...

Of all the killer garage and R&B stuff in this haul, I spent a few hours listening to some of the old country 45's.

Anonymous said...

A great haul you scored. One of the best groups of the 1960's. And loved their guitar work and harmonies. I grab Bobby Fuller Four 45 singles every time I can find them.