Friday, September 11, 2015

Johnny Zamot - Johnny's Boogaloo

I had a pretty darn good calm non stressful day at work. On the way home I bounced around and listened to a little bit of everything. On one of the stations they were playing "Superstar" from the Carpenters. I forgot what a good song that was [check out Sonic Youth's version]. It brought back a good memory that I had not thought of in years. I was in elementary school [4th grade] and our school had a P.A. system and they would choose two kids to play music over the P.A. I remember how damn excited I was to be chosen once. So the day I was to play music I was paired up with a girl who was a year older..cute little thing with freckles that I was smitten with. So we had a stack of albums and the only one I remember was "The Singles" and I remember it because of the brown cover and the song "Superstar". I remember looking at her and thinking of the words "Don't you remember you told me you loved me baby. You Said You'd be coming back this way oh baby. baby baby baby baby oh baby, I love you, I really do". Ah, young love


No comments: