Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Sister Rosetta Tharpe - When The Gates Swing Open

 Wednesday deep Album cut. Yesterday was such a long day. Out the door really early to go to a work training- almost a 3 hour drive one way. I have not been to the massage therapist in a few months and I need to schedule something soon as my neck was just killing me yesterday. I forgot my excedrin and stupid me did not use my kneck pillow while driving. I arrived home around 5pm and I did not go to bed until 10 and then woke up at midnight for 3 hours before falling back asleep for 2 hours. So I am tired and have another challenging day planned. I felt this was the right post for today. About 10 years ago, I had a little turntable in my office and I kept about 25 albums at all times on a shelf. I would rotate the albums out but there were 2 that stayed in my office...a Graham Parker LP and this one. My co-workers knew that I was having a challenging day if the good Sister was playing. This album always brought me comfort and it was such a joy to put it on a few weeks ago to record today's deep album cut





No comments: