I had exactly zero girl group 45s queued up and ready for airtime, so the next logical move was a doo-wop record devoted to girls and romance. Close enough for government work.
I picked this one up in Colorado Springs back in March. It appears to be a one-shot under this group's original name before they rebranded as the Echoes, managed some minor chart action, and escaped complete obscurity for at least a little while.
I've already got several months' worth of blog ideas rattling around in my head. My Colorado digging expedition was productive, but like every good record-hunting trip, it created a larger backlog than it solved with a mountain of unrecorded 45s. Somewhere in my boxes are a growing pile of 45s patiently waiting for their fifteen minutes of internet fame. My weekend assignment is to stop buying records long enough to actually record and write about some of them.


No comments:
Post a Comment