Friday, March 05, 2010

Friday Soul: Nothing Can Stop Me from posting Sweet Soul

It's Soul Friday. This is a 45 I have had in my collection for several years. But I found a nice perfect copy upgrade last week in my finds so I am pretending it is new. Gene Chandler is a very under rated singer that I don't believe ever got his due. He is generally known because of the classic early 60's song "Duke Of Earl" (shown below on Youtube) but what people overlook are the classic 45's he put out on the Constellation and Brunswick Labels in the mid to late 60's. I've included a couple youtube videos for songs on the Constellation label..."Nothing Can Stop Me" and "Good Times". But as much as I love the Constellation 45's, I think this Brunswick 45 is my most favorite Gene Chandler. So, please enjoy the sweet sweet sounds of Gene Chandler.




Gene Chandler - My Love











2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Interesting blog you got here. I'd like to read more about that topic. The only thing I would like to see here is some pics of any gadgets.

Alex Trider
cell signal jammer