Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Buck Owens - Close Up The Honky Tonk (Early Version)

One of the 45's I so wanted badly on RSD this year was the Buck Owen's 45. I thought I would easily be able to pick it up and it turned out to be the most difficult item for me to find (other than the Big Star reissue, which I still do not have). I have been on a Buck Owens kick lately. Over the past month, I have found at least 6 of his albums at yard sales, not to mention I have picked up about 5 or 6 original Capitol 45's with picture sleeves. And of course this reissue on yellow vinyl and limited to 1300 copies. If my parents pay attention to my postings will laugh their tails off that I have developed a fondness for old timey country

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My Uncle, Buford Latham played in Buck Owens early groups. Never met a Buck Owens record I didn't like. And he was a great guy. I miss him. And play his best work often. As should all fans of great old Country. Aces all around!