Wednesday, May 08, 2024

The Cakekitchen - Witness To Your Secrets/Boat To The Ceiling

Wednesday Album Deep Cut: I have been considering this for some time and I believe I even mentioned my thoughts on this in the past...expanding to include deep album cuts. Album cuts that I think are perfect or I wish had been put on a 45. Since I had the Chills yesterday and they are from New Zealand, I thought I would do another New Zealand band and do a double from their 1st US LP. Back in the day I would buy everything from Homestead Records and they put out some pretty amazing stuff. As an interesting side fact, Matador Records was born from former employees of Homestead Records and Homestead did not last much longer.  When I picked this up I was totally blown away. Graeme Jefferies is brilliant and I have over the years picked up most of his releases. I think I have picked this up as an LP, cassette and CD (obsessive much)...oh where are you my test pressing friend




No comments: