Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Wilco- Passenger Side

 Our Wednesay Pick a shelf entry. I offer a rare promo 10" LP by Wilco chosen at random by follower Mello. I was/am a huge Uncle Tupelo fan and was fortunate to see them live in Boulder Colorado twice. I was even on their mailing list and have a few flyers from them somewhere. I was pretty sad when they broke up but satisfied those two talented singers formed 2 fine groups in Wilco and Son Volt. While I have never seen Wilco live, I did see Son Volt last year.- but the venue was pretty bad with no sitting area and since my wife has physical issues it was pretty misearable for her. I bought (and still have) a copy of the red vinyl debut from Wilco and when this was released to radio I managed to score a copy. Reprise put out this series of promo releases called Soil X Samples and at some point I had everyone of them and this was the last one in the series.  I always thought this punky version of Passenger Side was interesting although I do prefer accoustic versions of it. 




No comments: