Saturday, September 21, 2019

12" Inch Single Spotlight- The Feelies- Dancing Barefoot

I was up early to go to a yard sale after a guy emailed me he would have about 400 45s for 30 bucks. He picked them up from some people who had them in storage and they were from a juke box distributor I drove an hour, bought them and he is going to get another 1,000 or so maybe I have a good contact. I did some yard/house  work and then picked through them this afternoon. He was off on his count...i figure there were closer to 900 45s but man o man what a weird mix...lots of disco, soul, some country and obscure rock.I boxed about 100 of the disco for my friend in Maryland and will surprise him with them next week.
So I am testing fate with my upload tonight. The Buffaloes play Arizona State tonight at 10pm Eastern time. That is a drag which means I won't go to bed until after 1am. I uploaded the Feelies 2 weeks ago and they won. I did not upload them last week and they lost. So I am going all Feelies mode with a cool Patti Smith Cover Version...we need this win. By the way, Dancing Barefoot is credited to Glen Mercer on the label...lol. I'm starting to drag a bit...I knew I should have taken a nap today but wanted to dig through the find.






No comments: