Thursday, September 26, 2019

12" Single Spotlight- The Church- Destination

I was looking back to see if I had uploaded any Church items. I found I had listed their 1st US 45. Upon reading that post, I found I was going through some adversity but I have to admit, I don't remember what adversity that is. I think it could have been my father's failing health but to be honest, I just don't remember. It also showed me that we bounce back from adversity. I have had periods of great adversity and stress over the last year but I have maintained my sanity through prayer, exercise, and self care. I am in a very good place but that does not mean that there weren't days where I was so stressed my mind was just scattered.I took time out to engage in mindfulness activities. The mind is going to wander, it's going to go the worst possible scenario and that is so irrational but also so human. LOL...to think this rant/observation started just because I wanted to see if I had uploaded anything from a group.
So back to the Church. This was the 1st 12"single off Starfish, the breakthrough LP from the Church. I remember the 1st time I heard that LP. KTCL in Ft Collins Colorado would play a new LP one night a week at 10pm. I was listening the night this was played. I loved it. I bought it and later on that summer drove to Denver to see them live. Phenomenal song! This started me down the path of buying just about everything I could get my hands on. This won't be the only 12" Church spotlight



No comments: