Friday, January 19, 2024

Mary Wells - The One Who Really Loves You

I love Mary Wells and those early Motown picture sleeves. Of course the promo in the hitsville sleeve is pretty spectacular as well.  And what a voice. This was a #8 Billboard hit.

I last posted a Mary Wells 45 in 2011. I'm reading the post and it brings back bad memories of the time Bently (our blessed deceased Chocolate Lab who is pictured running in the picture on my front page) bounced off the hood of a SUV. I was in the living room studying (grad school) and the front door was open as my wife was on the front porch. Bently saw something and pushed the front screen door open and bolted across the street. Bounced off the hood of a SUV who thankfully was going slow (on our street that in itself is amazing). Bently acted like nothing happened and lived another 10 years dying in 2021 (memorialized in the May 16, 2021 post- a few months after he died).  







class="separator" style="clear: both; text-align: center;">

No comments: