Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Lou Christie - If My Car Could Only Talk

If I would have realized Lou's birthday was yesterday I would have uploaded this then. So, Happy 81st Birthday Lou. I'm excited about this post as this is one of those bangers that has been on my want list for years and I finally picked up a copy with the stock 45. Matter of fact, I bought the promo from the same person along with a few other early 60's promo Lou's. I had purchased the 45's first and then messaged the person asking them if they had any picture sleeves from Lou. He had this one and the price was incredible (good) so of course it was a YES YES YES. I already had the stock copy of the 45 and I believe I have a promo copy somewhere not in my very behind database. I don't understand why this was not a hit. It had everything that we have come to love from Lou. And I also don't understand why this picture sleeve is so expensive when the rest of his are very reasonable. I am pretty sure I am going to overdo the Lou Christie 45's on this blog in the near future as I am so enjoying rediscovering him. I also read that his lost Columbia recordings are being released I believe this week. I have his Columbia 45s and I think I need to relisten to them as I am pretty sure I am going to buy the lost LP



\
\\







No comments: