Sunday, February 04, 2024

Chiffons - My Sweet Lord

Great version of the George Harrison classic. I imagine most people know the story..he was found to have not on purpose plagerized the song He's So Fine by the Chiffons. Apparently the Chiffons recorded this to bring attention to the court case. 

I always loved Laurie Records probably due to Dion as well as the colorful label, and at one time was trying to collect the whole Laurie 45 catalog. There are few pricey ones I never was able to find at a price that would not have cost me a kidney. It seems easier to find the promo or audition copies of Laurie records instead of the store stock. Having said that, I have never seen a promo of this one. This is not an easy 45 to find and I doubt they pressed up many. I finally gave up when I realized that I was spending lots of money on some 45's that I didn't like. I decided to weed them out and only keep the ones I really liked. So I thought I would do a string of Laurie records to celebrate this iconic label.




No comments: