Wednesday, March 20, 2024

The Grass Roots - Wake Up, Wake Up

Another one of those wide awake at 2am nights..I just laid in bed until deciding to get up around 4:30 and Cooper and I went for our walk. This was probably the 1st Grass Roots 45 I ever owned when I was a young teen. I had the stock copy but over the years I have no clue what happened to it. I found this beautiful promo a few years back and when I thought about uploading this one I asked a friend if he had a stock copy and he did not. This weekend I was going through some of the boxes of 45s I bought in the Wilmington buy in 2021 as I remembered a large amount of Grass Roots 45s in it and low and behold there was a beautiful stock copy. This one barely dented the Billboard charts at #68..always loved the drums in this one. The story of the formation of the Grass Roots is pretty remarkable story and deserve more entries in my blog






No comments: