Monday, March 18, 2024

Willie And The Wheels - Skateboard Craze

 I purchased a first pressing of John Blair's Illustrated Discography of Surf Music -1961-1965 recently. I really would like the most current pressing but it is out of print. I emailed John and he did not have any extra copies but mentioned he was hoping to put out another pressing. I won't miss out on that one.I found it interesting what this book defined as surf music...I am definately more liberal with the term than he was and alot of the Ventures 45s I posted his book did not consider surf.  I wonder if his definition changed as he revised the book? According to John's book, this was PF Sloan and Steve Barri with studio musicans. Yes, this Beach Boy/Jan and Dean sounding 45 (music sure sounds like Catch A Wave from the Bach Boys and Sidewalk Surfing from J&D) was in the book



No comments: