Wednesday, October 09, 2024

The Strand - You and Me

 Deep album cut and again my choice. A few years ago I was at a friends house and he had a box of lp's he was going to donate. I went through it and this LP was in the box so he gave it to me. I had no clue about this LP but it looked promising. Of course once I put it on my turntable it stayed in constant rotation. All I can say is FANTASTIC. I really could have recorded the whole thing for this blog but I decided to just post the lead song. Listen to that song carefully...does it remind you of another song. It reminds me of the REM song...Supernatural Superserious. I would imagine that REM was aware of The Strand since they were also a southern band and started around the same time. This song has that ability to stick in your brain.. Essential!



No comments: