Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Jorma Kaukonen with Tom Hobson - Genesis / I Am The Light Of This World

 Wednesday deep Album Cut(s). Years ago I was watching the Johnny Depp movie Transcendence and the song Genesis opened the movie. I had never heard it before and was just mesmerized by it. When I looked it up and I saw the cover I was like, "I have that damn LP.". It was in a box of lp's a friend gave me and I had never even looked at it. I didn't even know who the artist was. I love the old Jefferson Airplane and Hot Tuna releases and was suprised this was Jorma's 1st LP. Needless to say it has been a faviorite of mine once it graced my turntable that day. When the record store day version came out I snagged a copy as seen on the color vinyl. I doubt it would have been a hit single but Genesis is just absolutley brilliant. And I am the Light of This World is a classic cover version that Jorma makes his own...it would fit nicely in my upcoming covers week if I had not decided to jump the gun and include it here as a twoferl










No comments: