Tuesday, June 04, 2024

Buck Owens - Waitin' In Your Welfare LIne

Yesterday's post had the most views I have had in awhile. So, what do I do for an encore....I bring it back down to reality..lol...yep, shoot myself in the foot with some country music.Not sure how politically correct this one plays these days but it is classic country- it was his 10th #1 Country 45 for 7 weeks and even made #57 on the pop charts. I found this one this weekend when I was going through some boxes of 45s that I bought from the record store that closed in 1972. I believe I have written how my parents and grandfather listened to country music when I was growing up. I remember them listening to Buck Owens and the Buckaroos, watching Hee Haw. Growing up I really didn't like country music but over the years old country has really grown on me, especially Buck Owens- love his best of albums. I am including a youtube video of this song being played live and was glad to finally get a copy. 



No comments: