Saturday, June 29, 2024

The Spades - I'm Alright / I Won't Want You Anymore

The hunt is never ending. I had yesterday off and drove an hour where I purchased about a 1000 45s, a couple dozen rock 78's (Chuck Berry included) and 16 lp's including original Bo Diddley. No massive gems like today's post. A few weeks agoi I wrote about my friend telling me of a garage sale behind his house that had a couple thousand 45s that I managed to buy. I briefly went through them at the time and pulled this gem..I don't know if they came from a bar or if the owner was a smoker but they just reeked of stale cigarette smoke. I pulled what I wanted and I gave a huge amount to another friend I trade with. I usually keep company sleeves but these smelled so saturated that I kept them in the sleeves. This was the highlight of the buy.. Sometimes you can just look at a label and know that it will be amazing. 



No comments: