Wednesday, December 06, 2023

Amos Milburn - One Scotch, One Bourbon, One Beer

A little R&B for your Wednesday consideration. I bought a lot of 15 45's a few weeks ago in an online live auction for basically one 45...I really missed the person showing all the 45's and just saw the one I wanted. So I was stupidly happy when this 45 was also in the 45s that arrived. I was also happy that I finally had a 45 to put in the Aladdin sleeve I have had for years- a match made in heaven. A little noisy but what do you expect from a 70 year old 45...let that sink in...70 years old...holy moly. 




2 comments:

Dave said...

Great find! I definitely like this much better than George's version. This past weekend I picked up a copy of Margaret Whiting's Silver Bells/Christmas Candy at an antique store, released in 1950. By far the oldest 45 in my collection!

Poppacool said...

I first heard this song due to George's version and I love how George adaptated it to almost make it his own. I much prefere it over some of his other songs like Bad to The Bone. It's funny that you mention George as I will be uploading a George 45 to this blog later this month.
I once had the recognized 1st 45 by Eddy Arnold on both green and black vinyl but to be honest I think I got rid of them. I have seen and had plenty of the RCA Green or Blue 45's but in all my years of collecting I have never had or even seen one of the orange R&B RCA 45's.