Monday, December 11, 2023

Scott Engel - Devil Surfer

 I kicked it recording 45s to the computer yesterday and have enough for a month or so once we get past Christmas. I will start the 12 days of Christmas uploads starting Thursday and I need to figure out which ones cut the mustard for this year, but I promise you there will be 12 bangers! 


I purchased a first pressing of John Blair's Illustrated Discography of Surf Music -1961-1965 recently. I really would like the most current pressing but it is out of print. I emailed John and he did not have any extra copies but mentioned he was hoping to put out another pressing. I won't miss out on that one. I found it interesting what this book defined as surf music. I am definately more liberal with the term than he is, and alot of the Ventures 45s I posted are not listed in his book.  I wonder if his definition changed as he revised the book, Regarding Scott Engel, he later moved to England and formed the Walker Brothers. Scott passed away in 2019. Yes, this was in the book. 

Also, I re-upped the Jan & Dean Frosty song so search on the side for that one. 


No comments: