Friday, December 08, 2023

Bobby Patterson - What A Wonderful Night For Love / My Baby's Comin Back To Me

A little Soul friday with a killer double sider. Twenty Plus years ago I was at lunch and was in Downtown Goldsboro. There had been this indoor antique/flea market I had been in a few times years earlier.and they had records. For whatever reason I had forgotten about the place. As I was going to lunch, I noticed the building seemed to have major roof damage and there was a guy sitting outside. I stopped and asked what happened. The guy said that the roof in places was so damaged by rain it was a condemened building. He said he bought it from the city but then the city would not allow him to salvage the contents. I asked if there were records and he said yes and ushered me in quickly as he said "I"m not supposed to let anyone in...look around but at your own risk."What a danger zone that place was. I walked around and found some albums that were moldy piles of goo. Just as I am leaving I spot in a safer spot in the building a box of 150 or so 45's. I flip through and the guy sells them to me for $5. I get them home and the gem of the day was the 2nd to last picture on a deep red color vinyl promo. This was my introduction to Jetstar and with Bobby Patterson. I have since gathered quite the Bobby Patterson collection. I included the picture of JS 117 as it has such a cool color. You will also notice Jetstar recylcled both songs to be on other 45's










No comments: