Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Paul Collins' Beat - Rock N Roll Girl

Powerpop Tuesday.  I stayed up late to watch the stupid Dolphins lose, then woke up early with my neck just killing me and I have to wait another week and half before my massage therapy session. Cooper and I went for a very short walk this morning as it was 29 degrees and I was in slo mo mode. I'm not dragging as much after a nice steaming mug of coffee and hot shower pulsating on my neck. It does help to focus on getting the blog post ready and today boys and girls, ladies and gentlemen we have a GEM. We have a song so mindblowing good that it has the ability to cure even the worst mood. If I ever attempt to do a top ten all time Power Pop list I am almost certain this would grace the list. I broke down a year or two ago and bought it from a shop in the Netherlands. It was not cheap but well worth it. I don't understand why this was not released as a US 45. Paul was initally in the Nerves which has a power pop classic of their own (and one that eludes me still)





No comments: