Saturday, December 30, 2023

Mouse and the Traps - Beg Borrow and Steal

A record source of mine texted me he picked up 6000 45's this past week. I had the day off yesterday so I drove to Raleigh and managed to dig dig dig..man I love that. My wife and dog were going to go with me but she had a migraine the night before and I am glad she did not...3 hours of picking would have been reduced to 30 minutes. I picked up some killer 45's and a few gospel albums. These 45s were very clean but man were the sleeves dirty. 

My Saturday garage/psyche offering is one I picked this one up this summer. I have an acquaintance whose ex-wife's mother had a ton of 45's from her late husband. He would buy them at estate sales and auctions and did not start collecting until after he retired from his job. He must have had about 3 to 4 thousand of them. I would have purchased all of them but she wanted way too much so I was able to go through them and pull out the ones I wanted. I am glad I did not buy them all as there were alot of regular 60's records that I already have and then tons of 45's I would have given away. I think I ended up with about 100 in varying condition with this one in wonderful condition. I thougth I already had this and was surprised that I did not.



No comments: